Monday, October 23, 2017
Posted by Ari at 9:55 AM No comments:
Make your Chromebook
How to install the software on an old laptop
- On a newer computer, download the software from Neverware’s site onto a USB drive (needs at least 8 GB of storage space).
- Go to the Google Chrome store and download the Chromebook Recovery Utility. Once it’s downloaded, open the program –> click the gear icon –> choose ‘use local image’ –> select the .zip file you already downloaded on the external USB drive.
- Plug the USB into the old laptop and boot it up from the USB. Here are directions on how to do that.
- Click on the system tray (or menu bar) and click ‘Install CloudReady.’ The software will take you through a setup process and will give you the option to erase the hard drive and start fresh (as a Chromebook) or keep your old data and operating system on the computer.
- When the installation process is complete, the computer will shut down automatically. Remove the USB and turn the laptop back on.
If you have an old Mac you want to revive using CloudReady, Neverware has installation instructions on its website.
Posted by Ari at 9:45 AM No comments:
Friday, September 15, 2017
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Sunday, August 27, 2017
Wikipedia on USB
How To Download All of Wikipedia Onto a USB Flash Drive
Posted by Ari at 10:44 AM No comments:
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Friday, May 26, 2017
Transfer large files directly with takeafile
Posted by Ari at 4:49 PM No comments:
Friday, March 31, 2017
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Startup key combinations for Mac
Posted by Ari at 5:07 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)