How to install the software on an old laptop
- On a newer computer, download the software from Neverware’s site onto a USB drive (needs at least 8 GB of storage space).
- Go to the Google Chrome store and download the Chromebook Recovery Utility. Once it’s downloaded, open the program –> click the gear icon –> choose ‘use local image’ –> select the .zip file you already downloaded on the external USB drive.
- Plug the USB into the old laptop and boot it up from the USB. Here are directions on how to do that.
- Click on the system tray (or menu bar) and click ‘Install CloudReady.’ The software will take you through a setup process and will give you the option to erase the hard drive and start fresh (as a Chromebook) or keep your old data and operating system on the computer.
- When the installation process is complete, the computer will shut down automatically. Remove the USB and turn the laptop back on.
If you have an old Mac you want to revive using CloudReady, Neverware has installation instructions on its website.
Post a Comment