Ten novel ways to use your Android smartphone
Here are 10 novel uses for your Android smartphone:
1. Measure your heart rate with your Android phone
Believe it or not, if you have an Android phone with a camera, you can measure your heart rate with it.
2. Control computers remotely with your Android phone
Are you tired of providing on-site tech support for your friends and family? Providing support remotely is an easy way to help them while maintaining your sanity. If you don't have a computer nearby, but have your Android phone, you can still help.
3. Solve Sudoku puzzles using Google Goggles
Google Goggles has a peculiar Sudoku-solving feature. Solve your Sudoku puzzle using Google Goggles on your Android phone.
4. Measure noise with your Android phone
With a free app and your Android phone, we'll show you how you can turn your phone into a noise meter.
5. Use your Android phone to quit smoking
If you've quit smoking a thousand times, let Android help you quit for the last time.
6. Tune a guitar with your Android phone
Don't be left with an out-of-tune guitar ever again. We'll show you how to tune a guitar with your Android phone.
7. Use your Android phone as a flashlight
The bright LEDs (sometimes dual LEDs) for Android cameras make them great little flashlights. HTC includes a flashlight app by default, while Motorola makes its available for download. There are several other free flashlight apps available from the Android Market.
Follow our "Exclusively Android" board on Pinterest for more Android tips and tricks.
8. Track earthquakes with Android devices
Have you ever felt something and asked yourself, "Was that an earthquake?" If you have an Android device, you can track earthquakes easily with a couple of simple apps.
9. Use your Android phone as a cordless mouse and keyboard
An Android app called RemoteDroid allows Android smartphones to become wireless computer touch pads and keyboards. We'll show you how to get it up and running.
10. Use your Android phone as timer or stopwatch
Some Android phones come with a stopwatch and timer, but if yours didn't, there are many free stopwatch/timer apps available from the Android Market.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment